Skip to Main Content
SUMMER SESSION: MAY 18-AUG 23, 2015
Please note group study rooms and individual study rooms are on a first come first serve basis and NO reservation is required.
- Creative Media Studio (CMS) computer stations will still REQUIRE a reservation.
General Study Room Policies
- Watch this video to learn how to reserve a study room: http://youtu.be/KFgJUYLfz78.
- Not sure where a room is? Check out the maps of each floor of the library here: http://library.csun.edu/About/BuildingInformation.
- Group study rooms are available and dedicated for use by CSUN students (2 or more) for collaborative study and group projects.
- Individual study rooms can only accommodate one CSUN student.
- Reservations must be made by a student with an @csun.edu or @my.csun.edu email address.
- Reservations must be confirmed by email within 30 minutes of making the reservation.
- By confirming the reservation, students agree that the group study rooms will be used by a group of two or more students.
- Students are highly encouraged to bring a (print or digital) copy of their confirmation as proof of reservation.
- Students are allowed to reserve up to a maximum of 2 hours per day, and 14 hours per week (including weekends), up to two weeks in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to ask single occupants -- with or without confirmed reservations -- to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more CSUN students.
- If a group doesn’t show up within 10 minutes of the start of the reservation, it has forfeited the reservation. Any group can use it for the remainder of that half hour block.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows. Windows are not to be covered or obstructed.
- Lights must remain on at all times.
- Maximum occupancy limits must be adhered to or group study room privileges may be lost.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in rooms after the end of the reservation period may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
- Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.
- Guest Services has white board marker sets available for checkout at the front desk. The set contains 4 markers, an eraser and cleaning solution. They are available for 2 hour checkout to students, staff, and faculty.
- Graduate Study Rooms are NOT included in this reservation form. Go to Guests Services / Checkout in lobby for access to these.