Group Room Policy
General Study Room Policies
POLICY UPDATE: Study rooms can be reserved for SAME-DAY use only.
- Group study rooms are available and dedicated for use by CSUN students (2 or more) for collaborative study and group projects.
- Individual study rooms can only accommodate one CSUN student.
- Reservations must be made by a student with an @csun.edu or @my.csun.edu email address.
- By making a reservation, students agree that the group study rooms will be used by a group of two or more students.
- Students are highly encouraged to bring a (print or digital) copy of their confirmation as proof of reservation.
- Students are allowed to reserve up to a maximum of 1 hours per day, and 7 hours per week (including weekends)
- The Library reserves the right to ask single occupants -- with or without confirmed reservations -- to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more CSUN students.
- If a group doesn’t show up within 10 minutes of the start of the reservation, it has forfeited the reservation. Any group can use it for the remainder of that half hour block.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows. Windows are not to be covered or obstructed.
- Lights must remain on at all times.
- Maximum occupancy limits must be adhered to or group study room privileges may be lost.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in rooms after the end of the reservation period may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
- Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.
- LC Rooms 4-11: are now available on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS
- Guest Services has white board marker sets available for checkout at the front desk. The set contains 4 markers, an eraser and cleaning solution. They are available for 2 hour checkout to students, staff, and faculty.
Group Study Rooms Noise Policy
- These rooms are NOT soundproofed.
- Please be considerate of others and use a conversational tone of voice.
- No party atmosphere, shouting, or loud amplified media; cell phone ringer set to vibrate.
- The 4th floor is a quiet space, except for the group study rooms; therefore, please keep doors closed and voices low when going to/from the study rooms.
- The graduate study rooms are designated quiet spaces--no talking or media, cell phones set to silent.
Graduate Study Rooms are NOT included in this reservation form. Go to Guests Services / Checkout in lobby for access to these.